Race Blend 50 is a specially designed Racing Engine Oil for small block engines incorporating flat tappet pushrod actuated overhead valves. Application specific race engine oils are an essential component in maintaining competitive advantage. In consultation with world leading engine oil additive producers, engine builders and competition race enthusiasts, Race Blend 50 has been developed to fully satisfy the demands placed upon highly worked race engines. It is an SAE 20W-50 viscosity race oil designed to offer unsurpassed protection of all race engine components. Advanced multigrade properties ensure fast oil flow during start-up. High viscosity base oils with the addition of special flow enhancers and viscosity modifiers ensure maximum oil film strength for bearings subject to high load even at cold start-up. The addition of zinc dialkyldithiophosphate (ZDDP) anti-wear agents offers protection of cams from the abrasive action of flat tappets. Unlike some zinc anti-wear agents which are thermally activated, Race Blend 50 offers full cam protection even at cold start-up. The addition of proprietary synthetic polymers ensures that upper engine parts retain a protective oil film even after intervals of non-use, offering substantial wear reduction during start-up. Race Blend 50 20W-50 is NOT recommended for Diesel engines or vehicles fitted with catalytic convertors.
- Multigrade properties with the addition of flow enhancers ensures fast oil flow during cold starts.
- Group II hydrocracked high viscosity base oils ensures maximum protection of all moving parts especially oversized bearings under high load conditions.
- The addition of zinc dialkyldithiophosphate protects cams against the abrasive action of flat tappets.
- The addition of specially selected synthetic polymers ensures all upper engine parts retain a protective oil film, even after periods of non-use.
- High viscosity properties reduce the effect of lubricant thinning where methanol fuels are used.
SAE Viscosity: 20W-50